Friday, September 13, 2013

Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Hustle your buns

Throwback to Williamson Road Rec Club Cheerleading with the title!  

One thing that is very difficult to find dairy free are buns!  Who would have thought that? Not me, that's for sure!  Then you start reading all of these labels and wonder half of the ingredients REALLY are?!  Then wonder why are we eating it if we don't know what it is?  So I took a chance and just made a regular batch of bread and formed it into buns and we haven't looked back!  It takes a little more thought to planning baking days and menus but worth it! You will find the complete recipe and instructions HERE for making the dough.  Keep everything the same except forming into loaves.   The key I found with buns is trial and error to get them the size that you want.  Make them slightly smaller because they will rise!  Our first batch of hotdog buns were similar to footballs, yummy but huge! Also, buns need to be pushed down slightly 1-2 times during their rise to keep them from turning into footballs.
 My internet is running SUPER slow so I will rearrange these another day.  I finish typing and have to wait for the words to catch up, quite reminiscent of the old dial up days.  Here are some hot dog buns cooling.  I use a well oiled 9x13 glass Pyrex dish and I usually put 8 buns total.
 SO delicious and I do recommend using buns the same day they are baked.
 I can also get 5 hamburger buns in a well oiled glass pie pan.
 OOPPSSSS too much pressure on fingertips
 Imperfect but delicious!  Below worked great for Salmon Burgers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment