Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Crazy hair day

The next few weeks I will be working on a few larger projects but will be updating with a few smaller ones while we get adjusted to our new schedule.  Here's another easy project because before too long kids will be bringing home papers saying to wear a certain color this day, hat that day, crazy hair, or mismatched clothes........  FUN!!  No,  I'm not being sarcastic (for once)

For this we used pipe cleaners from the dollar store (man I love that place), some ribbon, and a few clips.  The dollar store had these HUGE pipe cleaners instead of the small/regular craft size.  I made pig tails and inserted the pipe cleaner through the pony tail holder and secured to her hair just above the pony tail holder.  Sectioned her hair with the cleaner down one of the three sections and braided it, using a ribbon to tie off the ends.  I was then able to bend them into the shape we wanted.  It turned out awesome!  Next time I will look for some larger clips to secure the pipe cleaners, they wanted to droop as the day went on.


No comments:

Post a Comment