Sunday, January 5, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Cups



I'm always looking for ways to add more veggies to breakfast and I think I have a new favorite!  All over Pinterest I kept seeing ham, bacon, or potato cups....... that's when it hit me that using spaghetti squash might just work.  I imagine that the squash may be a bit too watery or seem mushy for this application but cooking them and letting them dry out a bit before adding the egg seemed to do the trick.  I can't wait to make these again and I love new ways to use leftovers.

Ingredients:
Leftover spaghetti squash
Salt & pepper
Coconut oil
Eggs

This is also so easy that making them for a crowd would be a snap!! Preheat oven to 350 degrees
 Grease your tin with coconut oil
 Put a spoonful of squash into the tin, use your fingers to smoosh it around the edges.  Sprinkle with salt to help pull out excess moisture.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.
 Add your egg to the hot squash, season your egg, bake for 13-16 minutes depending on how done you like your eggs.
 Use a thin spatula to work your way around the edges and place on your plate.  ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment