Crockpot Divider

 Wow, so it's been a minute since I last posted anything but I am going to give this another go.  I am going to work on revamping old posts and making new ones.  Changing up the format and sharing fun ideas along the way!  

Have you ever seen a product in the store and you realize that you had an idea that was similar and you could have been rich??  Well, maybe not rich but it was a cool idea.  I recently saw silicone crockpot dividers in the store........ that could have been me!   But I like my little homemade, cheap DIY version and I will share it all with you, for FREE!  

Sometimes you want to serve multiple items with a crockpot or want smaller portions..... whatever your reasoning, sometimes making your crockpot pull double duty is super helpful!  Tonight I wanted to take rice and curry to an event without mixing them and without taking 2 bowls.  Bonus points that I don't need to scrub this pot later.  

Supplies:

Cardboard (I used a box from the recycle)

Aluminum Foil

Slow Cooker Liners

Curry isn't the most aesthetically pleasing to photograph but it's delicious!  

Step 1: Cut cardboard to fit the shape of the bottom of your crockpot, then cover with aluminum foil.

Step 2: Place in your crockpot and use a slow cooker liner to create the 2 sides in your pot. 

That's it, it's really that easy!  When finished using, toss the liner and keep the insert to reuse! 








Comments