Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Microwave Mug Cake using Oat Flour



Here's a super quick, super easy snack or dessert that takes minutes to put together!  No need to heat up the oven or make a huge batch of goodies to sit on the counter tempting you to eat them all!  This is also Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free....... did I miss any?  This is the base recipe and I will be posting several variations.  See how much I sacrifice to bring you all yummy recipes?  ;o)

 Ingredients:
5 TB Oat Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 TB Fruit puree
1 TB Honey
1 TB Hot water
Dash of Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
 The kids really enjoyed measuring and making their own dessert!  I actually didn't tell them what they were making, so the final product was super fun!  You can certainly buy Oat Flour these days in a regular store but it is super easy to make.  Just put your oats into a blender and whirl away until it is a powder.  We don't even have a 'proper' blender, just one of the ones marketed more for smoothies and it worked just fine.  We actually used apple & butternut squash puree but even just applesauce would work just the same.  The kids eat tons of fruit and veggies (thankfully) but I still sneak them in every chance I get as well!  I am good at hiding them bwhahahahaha   Back to the cakes, the biggest thing is making sure that everything is well mixed.  The flour likes to hide in little pockets around the edge of the cup.  Zap it on high for 1 minute.  Seriously, that's it!!  It will be SUPER hot, you have been warned!  These would be really cute garnished with some whipped coconut cream and some fresh berries...... I think I need to make a trip down to the kitchen now and try that out!  Oh, one more quick note: the original recipe called for 2 TB of honey and we only used one so these were more like a muffin and not too sweet.  If you want it sweeter, by all means add the extra honey..... I won't tell! ;o)
 Smells SO good!!
 Seriously YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment