Thursday, December 12, 2013

Mailing a can of goodies!

Since school has started, the kids haven't been sending as many pen pal letters as they were before.  Hopefully this activity will spark the interest again now that the excitement for the first bit of school has worn off.  This works on so many crucial skills for the kids, as well as friendship!  We don't exactly have a lot to give this year but trying our best to teach the kids that it is better to give than receive.  They've had fun coming up with ideas of things that we could stuff in to a can!  I won't give away the contents, the recipient's mother *may* read this LOL 


Before opening your can using the pop top, grab a side cutting (no sharp edge) can opener.  (This one is Pampered Chef but I have seen them in stores)
 Wash with warm soapy water and let it dry.
 Stuff in your items.  I put them into a zip-top bag just in case the glue runs.
 Use E600 glue (craft stores) or gorilla glue may work.  Put a bead of glue all the way around the lid.
 Press the lid on to the can and wipe away excess glue.
 Place a heavy object on top and let it dry for a few hours.
 Decorate with duct tape!!  Names and addresses have been blurred for privacy.
 TA DA! Here they are front and back.  I have realized that I need to expand my tape collection and add some Christmas.  I know if this was for our kids they would be so excited just by the can that they probably wouldn't even care what's inside!  I will update once I get these mailed with their weight and the cost! 

No comments:

Post a Comment