Monday, October 28, 2013

Quick & Cheap update to outlets

SUPER cheap & quick update to electrical outlets and/or light switches.  Both of these cans of spray paint were under $10 and I could probably paint every outlet in our house!  That's a big savings if you have ever looked at updating your house with pretty covers. 

Here's the paint that I used.  I wanted the covers to be textured to look like stone and the screws to blend.
 I poked holes in an egg carton to hold the screws while painting and drying.
 And crumpled foil under the covers to hold them off of the bottom of the box.  Then in a well ventilated area, spray away!
 Here's an idea of what it looks like when it is finished.
 I did have to spray multiple times to make sure everything was covered without being drippy.  The picture at the bottom looks a bit strange with shadows, not a lot of natural light in the house today.

No comments:

Post a Comment