Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Painting edges

I am by no stretch of the imagination a good painter, and no one would ever hire me (not that I would want them to) but as a mom there are just things we have to do.  Painting the house is one of those things.  With one income we definitely can't afford to hire someone so I am slowly perfecting the art of not screwing up too bad!  I found a great tip through Pinterest (surprised?) about how this lady makes transitioning between colors crisp and neat and I tried it in our stairwell when changing colors and it was great!!  Then I got to thinking that this same process may solve my edging issues.  Yes, there are gadgets to help and I claim full user error here.... I can't get those darn things to work and then it creates a TON of touch ups.  This process adds a bit of work but in my opinion it pays off!! 

 Tape off the area to be painted (baseboards AND ceiling)  I have found this new green Frog tape that I LOVE, but of course when I go to take pictures to post I ran out HAHA 
 Then paint the edges in the existing baseboard/ceiling color.  In theory any paint that bleeds under will be the correct color and go unnoticed but this will seal the tape!
 Paint as normal and remove the tape.  TA DA!!  The only issue I have had is 2 spots where the tape pulled off a little too much but I am pretty sure that was also user error ;o)
I am seriously pleased!!  Now I need to search Pinterest for how to keep the walls from looking streaky.  Leave me any comments that can help!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment