Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Small Kids Bathroom

I have a few storage/ bathroom ideas for kids.  We have 4 who share one small bathroom.  We looked at other houses with more or bigger bathrooms but my opinion is that sometimes less is more.  I did need to find a few solutions though like where do you have 4 towels?! They all had to be easily accessible, too.  The one towel bar in the bathroom is for Jacob.  He's big enough to reach it and it is safe to say that my solution did not appeal to him.  Not too many boys want their towels to have ribbon on them =)  First off, each of the kids has their own color.  This way if we ever have a wet towel on the floor there's no blaming of siblings.  Like I said Jacob being a teen gets the towel bar as well as the decorative hook.  For all of the little girls I just used some Command Strips for bath towels and hand towels.  It may seem a little silly to have so many hand towels in one small bathroom  but it seems to cut down on germ sharing and that makes me happy!! 


Here's what I did to the towels.  I folded the towel to find the center and used about 5 inches of grosgrain ribbon to make a loop and very crudely sewed them to the towel with the end tucked under so that they would not fray in the wash.  I am NOT very good with the sewing machine but I used a zig zag stitch and went over it several times.  These have held on for over a year so I am pretty happy!! 



 Hand Towels

Then the fun of hanging swim wear when it isn't possible to do so outside.  Just put another tension rod on the back side of the tub!
And you may see a trend with the next one.  Need a place to keep stuff OFF of the counter but needs to be accessible to the kids?  A shoe holder works GREAT!!!  Mouthwash and things that the little kids don't need can go up high and the lower pockets for the little kids.  As you can see we have plenty of room if we need more stuff in there! 



No comments:

Post a Comment