Friday, August 16, 2013

Makeup Organizer

Here's another one of my older projects.  It is easy to explain, but because I never intended to write a blog before I didn't take pictures of the entire project.  Once again though, it should be easy enough to explain.  It seems as though a lot of days I am like most moms and I am lucky just to get a shower and throw my hair into a pony tail.  I have made much more of an effort over the last few years to go beyond the minimum and I learned pretty early that if this was going to happen I had to make everything easily accessible.  My makeup routine is under 5 minutes and very light.  After seeing several different versions on Pinterest that I thought were cute, I adapted a few to what I had sitting around and a small trip to the dollar store.

I'll start from the left.  This is just a vase with a removable insert meant for a candle.  This was supposed to be used at our wedding with daisies inside.  The Army had other plans so this was sitting in a box in the attic and had never been used.  I had an emotional attachment to it though and couldn't get rid of it.  I also had these water beads that I had used with the girls when they were smaller in a sensory bin.  I filled the vase up with the beads and added rice to the candle holder so that my brushes and accessories can stand up.  Every so often I take out the water beads and let them rehydrate (maybe every 6 months or so)

The tray on the right came from the dollar store along with the easel.  I had some round magnets from other projects and glued them to the backs of my makeup containers.  For the scissors and clippers I just put a magnet on the tray and stick them directly to the magnet.  It's a little difficult to see, but there's also a few pairs of earrings dangling from the top.

If I had to go digging for these things I would never wear makeup.  This also keeps it all from being strewn all across the counter.  This would work in so many different ways!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment