Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Family Command Center



Here is our Family Command Center.  I'm sure it will change a little after school starts this year since I made this over the summer.  I'll start with the mail side.  Of course there's my Household 6 sign aka Household Commander for the non Army folk ;o)  The hanging file is for mail.  Our 6 year old brings in the mail and sorts it into 3 sections at the bottom for magazines, Mom, & Dad.  We then sort our sections into bills, file, shred, and recycle.  Of course the calendar keeps track of family birthdays but I still manage to get the cards out late.  The cabinet has markers, pens, and scissors up top but also holds rewards jar, stamps, label maker, address book, stamps, etc. 


 Then the kids' side: Family Rules, Responsibilities, and Chores.  The girls are still young enough to need visual incentive and Jacob gets an allowance.  The girls have a behavior chart similar to what they used in school.  I figured I would carry this over to the house and keep everything as even as possible.  The two bottom frames are for their reward stamps and after 50 they get to choose a reward from the bucket (lots of things from stay up late, cook dinner, and royal princess baths hehehehe)  I'll show you below how I change out those sheets. 


The reward chart is just a regular frame and I put the paper over top of the glass to hold the paper in place.  I don't even trim the paper, just wedge it in there ;o)  I had all of these frames up in the attic, thankfully I had 2 matching sets otherwise would drive me crazy!  This is one of those ideas I had but had no extra to go and get stuff, so I just made do =)  Now I love it and don't want to change it.






No comments:

Post a Comment