Monday, August 5, 2013

Cleaners (Light Version)

I have been working on getting this one together for a few days now.  I have decided to do two versions: Light with everyday, super simple recipes and Heavy with deep cleaning.

 Here's just about everything that I use on a daily basis.  I am a big believer in reusing and re-purposing whenever possible.  The wipes can also be made with whichever of the cleaner recipes you like just follow the same method of saturating the towels.
 First up: Baby Wipes!  I prefer Viva Towels to make any and all wipes, they just seem to hold up a little better but any towels will do.  Cut paper towel roll in half or whatever size your container is.  I use about 2 cups of distilled water and just a squirt of baby soap and gently wisk to combine.  Distilled water will help keep your wipes from molding if you don't use them quickly.  You can also use a squirt of aloe (no fragrance or color added) if baby has a rash.
 Saturate the paper towels
 Pull out the core and you are ready to rock! 
 Next up: Good Ole Vinegar for All Purpose.  I mix vinegar and water in equal parts.  I use this on anything and everything!  Spills on the floor, carpet, table, highchair, sink...... you get the picture, right?  If kids have been sick you can add a drop or two of tea tree oil.  Don't be afraid of the smell of vinegar!!  It dissipates very quickly!  If you use an essential oil in there for smell, the vinegar will go away and you will be left with the scent of your choice. 
 Next: Glass Cleaner.  Are you seeing anything familiar??  Once again I use equal parts vinegar and water then add about 3 tablespoons of Rubbing alcohol.  You can also substitute Vodka.  Again, you can add essential oil for smell, but I prefer not to.

Extra tid bit: Use old newspapers to clean your windows!  Also, when spring cleaning the inside and outside of windows use vertical wipes on one side and horizontal on the other.  IF you have any streaks you can see which side they are on!
 
 Granite Cleaner:  This one is a bit different.  I use only 1/4 the amount of vinegar and only 1 tablespoon of alcohol.  I like to add cinnamon essential oil and after I wipe the granite I like to dry it thoroughly.

 Let's talk toilets for a minute.  As long as you don't go too long in between cleanings it really doesn't take much to get it clean.  I fill these little jugs with approximately 1/2 cup of vinegar and the little bowls with 1/2 cup of baking soda.  When ready to clean the toilet just pour them in and brush!  This is one of the chores for the kids.  They actually like to watch it fizz up =o) 
 If it is in need of a little disinfecting just add a few drops of tea tree oil to the baking soda container.  The rest of the toilet just gets wiped with vinegar cleaner. 

So, there you have it!  This is it.  There's not a lot to it and it serves me well!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment