Sunday, August 4, 2013

Baking Bacon

Good Sunday Evening!!  Been a busy weekend with our clan out picking blueberries, making jam, and attending a Revolutionary War Reenactment.  I'd post about the jam if it was something special.  Honestly I just use the recipe on the pectin box ;o) This is the first year I am making my preserves with pectin, normally I just use the natural pectin in the fruit.  Last year I had a few jars that didn't want to set and we ended up running out of jam before the berries came in this year.  I do my best to make sure that we have enough preserves to go through the whole year and never buy from the store.  We picked up some local peaches and cucumbers today, maybe I will post some of those recipes later this week.

So this morning as I was putting the bacon in the oven it dawned on me that I should share it!  This is such a time saver and not to mention just easy peasy.  This is not an exact science I have done this method with different temperatures, depending on if I have something else in the oven at the time.  If I had to choose, I think that 375 works the best.  Take a cookie sheet and line with foil.  (You don't have to, but trust me your clean up will be much easier!) I put a cooling rack in the pan and line bacon across.  Bake 16-25 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon.  Keep checking on it until it is done.  You also don't have to use a cooling rack if you don't want to.  The bacon will just need to be drained better as you would if frying in a skillet.  I hope I explained that okay.  If not, the picture says it all.
 TA DA!  No curled up bacon!  Nice, flat pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment