Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bubbles

Our kids LOVE bubbles! A few pennies can stretch a long way in homemade fun here!!  I have tried many different recipes found on the internet and I will say that they've all pretty much worked just fine.  I will add my favorite for you (and for me so I don't have to try to find it each and every time I want to make them!) And as always, I will do my very best to credit where I found my ideas! I do have a bad habit of writing things down and forgetting.  I'm sure I'm not alone here.  You can always follow my blog here for cool ideas and be sure to follow me on Pinterest, which is where a lot of ideas stem from!  My Pinterest Boards!

These were called the "Worlds Best Bubbles"
1 1/2 quarts water, 1/2 cup light corn syrup, 1 cup liquid dish soap. Mix water & corn syrup until completely blended. Slowly stir in soap. Will last several weeks in airtight container.
My source


I have found that using distilled water yields the best bubbles.  If you do not have this, simply boil your water before using.  I also have found that heating the water and corn syrup really helps a lot to get them combined easily just don't let it boil.  If you need to boil your water, just add the corn syrup as it cools. We also use eco-friendly dish soap versus most posts I see calling for Dawn and you can see the picture below it works just fine!  I have used both Method and Seventh Generation.  (Pictured is Method)

In addition to just some bubble recipes, a good craft for recycling AND bubbles combined!  SCORE!!  This is one that I found a Wiki-How link for, but I have my own way of doing it. 

SNAKE BUBBLES!
 Here is what you will need.  Raid your recycling bin for bottles and what house with kids doesn't have a few unmatched socks!?  These have been lonely for a long time, I think that their mates are officially MIA! You can use the rubber bands alone, duct tape alone, or combination of the two. 
 For some reason they both wanted the striped sock so we settled this with a good game of rock, paper, scissors HAHA
 Cut your bottle to allow the sock to fit over the end.  I also cut the sock so it isn't as bulky on the bottle.  I made a BUNCH of these for a birthday party and learned that the excess sock can be a bit frustrating. 
 Depending on what you have on hand you can cover the edge of the sock with tape as seen above (make sure a good portion of the tape is on both the sock and the bottle to get a good seal)  Or below you see just the rubber band.  You can also take the rubber band bottle and add duct tape as well.
 And here we go! Fun for hours!!  Our girls enjoy blowing bubbles then filling up various containers and such that they have out in the yard.  Use the bubbles in a water table to play kitchen (as well as clean they outdoor toys SCORE again!)  Set up a toy car wash, the possibilities are endless!! 
UPDATE: I also have ratio for making just shy of 5 gallons of homemade bubbles!!  Comment below if you'd like to see it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment